- Quick Spec
Clouds returned with high absorption ratings when tested
Can withstand consistent noise exposure for consistently trafficked rooms
Have several different finishing options to adjust to any room's design
2 1⁄8" = 0.90
Class 1/A Rating
The board is certified by SCS to contain at least 57% recycled glass. And for your LEED® project, our acoustical panels can help you qualify for recycled content points under the Materials and Resources section.
PART 1 - General
1.1 — SUMMARY
A. Section includes: Sound absorptive ceilings.
B. Related work: The following items are not included in this Section and are specified under the designated Sections:
1. Section 092100 – PLASTER AND GYPSUM BOARD ASSEMBLIES for plaster and gypsum board walls and ceilings
1.2 — SUBMITTALS
A. Product data: Submit manufacturer’s product data including certified laboratory test reports and other data required to show compliance with these specifications.
B. Samples: Submit 1 1-1/2 by 1 1-1/2 inch samples of representative panel with factory detailed edge, and representative samples of mounting devices
1.3 — QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Pre-installation conference: Conduct conference at Project site to comply with requirements in Division 01.
1.4 — DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDELING A. Project conditions: Protect system components from excessive moisture in shipment, storage, and handling. Deliver in unopened bundles and store in a dry place with adequate air circulation. Do not deliver material to building until wet conditions such as concrete, plaster, paint, and adhesives have been completed and cured to a condition of equilibrium.
1.5 — LIMITED WARRANTY
A. Limited warranty: Provide manufacturer’s standard limited 3-year warranty against manufacturing defects in material or workmanship.
PART 2 - Products
2.1 — SOUND ABSORPTIVE CEILINGS:
A. Basis-of-Design: Conwed Skyway™ Ceiling Clouds Type I.
1. Construction: Composite core of dimensionally stable rigid fiberglass.
2. Core fiberglass density: 6 - 7 pcf.
3. Recycled content: For fiberglass, 52 percent pre-consumer and 5 percent post-consumer recycled content.
4. Fiberglass facings: 1/8 inch thick layer of 16 - 20 pcf molded fiberglass on face and back.
5. Core thickness: 1-1/4 inch.
6. Core thickness: 2-1/4 inches.
7. Width: 24-48 inches and custom.
8. Length: 24-120 inches and custom.
9. Corners: Square.
10. Edges: Square.
11. Finish type and color: Soft Texture White.
12. Finish type and color: Foundations White.
13. Finish type and color: Subtle Texture White or Custom.
14. Finish type and color: New Dimensions White or Custom.
15. Edge treatment: Resin hardened.
16. Finish: Manufacturer, pattern and color as selected: applied directly over face and edges of panel and returned to back of panel to provide full finished edge; corners fully tailored.
17. Mounting type: Standard, direct attachment to resin spots with self-drilling acoustical hangers or grid (by others).
18. Flammability (ASTM E 84): Panel components shall have a Class “A” rating per ASTM E 84.
19. Resistivity to heat or cold: R-factor of 4.16 per inch of thickness.
20. Acoustical performance: Values below are for panels mounted in accordance with ASTM C 423 (Type D5 Mounting) and vary by panel thickness and finish
a. Noise reduction coefficient (NRC) for 1-1/8 inch thickness: 0.90.
b. Noise reduction coefficient (NRC) for 2-1/8 inch thickness: 1.10.
PART 3 - Execution
3.1 — INSTALLATION:
A. Verify wet work such as plastering and concrete is complete and dry. Verify building is enclosed and under standard occupancy conditions (60 - 850F and not more than 70% relative humidity) prior to start of installation. Commencement of installation constitutes Installer’s acceptance of surfaces and conditions.
B. Install products in accordance with manufacturer’s written instructions and in proper relationship with adjacent construction, including the following:
1. For adhesive installation to substrate, provide temporary support to prevent panel slippage.
Note: Impaling clips are designed to help hold panels in place until adhesive dries.
C. Touch-up, repair or replace damaged units until satisfactory results are obtained.