- Quick Spec
Absorbs up to 80% of the sound striking its surface
Easy to handle, fabricate, and install
Black matte finish creates a crisp appearance
2mm = 0.95
The board is certified by SCS to contain at least 57% recycled glass. And for your LEED® project, our acoustical panels can help you qualify for recycled content points under the Materials and Resources section.
1.1 — SUMMARY
A. Section Includes: Glass fiber acoustical insulation for interior partitions. (Conwed Designscape SelectSound™ Black Acoustic Blanket)
B. Related Work: The following items are not included in this Section and are specified under the designated Sections:
1. Section 03 30 00 – CAST-IN-PLACE CONCRETE for concrete substrate.
2. Section 04 42 00 – UNIT MASONRY for masonry substrates.
3. Section 09 21 00 – GYPSUM BOARD ASSEMBLIES for gypsum board walls and ceilings.
1.2 — SUBMITTALS
A. Product Data: Submit manufacturer’s product specifications including certified laboratory test reports and other data required to show compliance with these specifications.
B. Certified Test Reports: Submit test data from an independent testing agency, acceptable to authorities having jurisdiction, evidencing that systems components comply with requirements indicated for fire performance and recycled content characteristics. Submit test data from independent testing agencies showing that system complies with the specified requirements for acoustical performance.
1.3 — DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDELING
A. Project Conditions: Protect system components from excessive moisture in shipment, storage, and handling. Deliver in unopened bundles and store in a dry place with adequate air circulation.
1.4 — WARRANTY
A. Warranty: Provide manufacturer’s standard 1-year warranty against defects in materials or manufacturing.
PART 2 - PRODUCTS
2.1 — MANUFACTURER:
A. Glass Fiber Acoustical Insulation for Interior Partitions: SelectSound™ Black Acoustic Blanket as manufactured by Conwed Designscape, www.conwed.com, with the following characteristics:
1. Typical Thickness: 1 inch, faced; available in precut sizes up to 48 inches x 96 inches.
• Noise Reduction Coefficient (ASTM C423, R-Value): 0.70, 1 inch thick.
• Thermal Resistance (ASTM C423, R-Value): 4.3.
2. Typical Thickness: 2 inches, faced.
• Noise Reduction Coefficient (ASTM C423, Type A mounting): 1.00, 2 inches thick.
• Thermal Resistance (ASTM C423, R-Value): 8.6.
• Compressive Strength (ASTM A165, 10 percent deformation): 25 lb/ft2 (1197 Pa).
• Compressive Strength (ASTM A165, 20 percent deformation): 90 lb/ft2 (4309 Pa).
• Water Vapor Sorption (ASTM C1104): Less than 3 percent by weight at 120 degrees F (49 degrees C), 95 percent R.H.
• Fungi Resistance (ASTM C1338): Meets requirement.
• Corrosiveness (ASTM C665, Corrosiveness Test): Will not cause corrosion greater than that caused by sterile cotton on aluminum or steel.
• Surface Burning Characteristics (ASTM E84/CAN/ULC-S102): Maximum flame spread 25, maximum smoke developed 50.
PART 3 - EXECUTION
3.1 — EXAMINATION:
A. Verification of Conditions: Examine installation location and conditions under which work is to be performed. Do not proceed until satisfactory conditions are achieved.
3.2 — INSTALLATION:
A. Install products in accordance with manufacturer’s written instructions and in proper relationship with adjacent construction, including the following:
1. Cut insulation to fit around penetrations, including outlets, junction boxes and other irregularities.
2. Where walls are not finished on both sides or insulation does not fill the cavity depth, provide supplementary support to hold product in place.
3. Prepare surfaces prior to manufacturer approved adhesive installation.
4. Prepare surfaces prior to impaling pin installation. Pin location, quantity and length should be selected to ensure tight fit. Where subject to physical contact, protect pin tips.