- Quick Spec
Provide moderate sound absorption while maintaining design aesthetics
Gives adaptability to rooms that frequently change decorations
Can be used to hang projects in classrooms and meeting rooms
The board is certified by SCS to contain at least 57% recycled glass. And for your LEED® project, our acoustical panels can help you qualify for recycled content points under the Materials and Resources section.
PART 1 - GENERAL
1.1 — SUMMARY
A. Section Includes: Sound absorptive ceilings.
B. Related Work: The following items are not included in this Section and are specified under the designated Sections:
1. Section 092100 – PLASTER AND GYPSUM BOARD ASSEMBLIES for plaster and gypsum board walls and ceilings
1.2 — SUBMITTALS
A. Product Data: Submit manufacturer’s product data including certified laboratory test reports and other data required to show compliance with these specifications.
B. Samples: Submit 1 1-1/2 by 1 1-1/2 inch samples of representative panel with factory detailed edge, and representative samples of mounting devices
1.3 — QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Pre-installation Conference: Conduct conference at Project site to comply with requirements in Division 01.
1.4 — DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDELING
A. Project Conditions: Protect system components from excessive moisture in shipment, storage, and handling. Deliver in unopened bundles and store in a dry place with adequate air circulation. Do not deliver material to building until wet conditions such as concrete, plaster, paint, and adhesives have been completed and cured to a condition of equilibrium.
1.5 — LIMITED WARRANTY
A. Limited Warranty:
Provide manufacturer’s standard limited 3-year warranty against manufacturing defects in material or workmanship.
PART 2 - PRODUCTS
2.1 — SOUND ABSORPTIVE WALL PANELS:
A. Basis-of-Design: Conwed Designscape Respond® TK/AC Acoustical Panels.
1. Construction: Single core of dimensionally stable mineral fiber board.
2. Core Mineral Fiber Density: 16.8 pcf and 22 pcf.
3. Core Materials: Maximum 0.1 percent hygrometric expansion from 50 - 90 percent RH.
4. Recycled Content: For mineral fiber board, 50 percent total; 32 percent pre-consumer
recycled content, 18 percent post-consumer recycled content.
5. Core Thickness and Density: 5/8 inch, 22 pcf.
6. Core Thickness and Density: 1/2 inch, 16.8 pcf.
7. Manufacturing Tolerances: Standard +/- 1/16 inch for width and length.
8. Width: 24-48 inches and custom.
9. Length: 24-120 inches and custom.
10. Edge Profile: Square.
11. Edge Profile: Radius.
12. Edge Profile: Half-bevel.
13. Edge Profile: Miter.
14. Edge Profile: Kerf.
15. Corners: Square.
16. Corners: Radiused.
17. Corners: Fully tailored.
18. Finish: Manufacturer, pattern and color as selected; applied directly over face and edges of panel and returned to back of panel to provide full finished edge; corners fully tailored.
19. Mounting Type: Adhesive / Resin (perimeter adhesive).
20. Mounting Type: Concealed spline.
21. Mounting Type: Velcro.
22. Mounting Type: Z-Clip Plates and Wall Bars.
23. Flammability (ASTM E 84): Panel components shall have a Class “A” rating per ASTM E 84.
a. Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC): Based on manufacturer’s typical data.
PART 3 - EXECUTION
3.1 — INSTALLATION:
A. Verify wet work such as plastering and concrete is complete and dry. Verify building is enclosed and under standard occupancy conditions (60 - 850F and not more than 70% relative humidity) prior to start of installation. Commencement of installation constitutes Installer’s acceptance of surfaces and conditions.
B. Install products in accordance with manufacturer’s written instructions and in proper relationship with adjacent construction, including the following:
1. For adhesive installation to substrate, provide temporary support to prevent panel slippage.
Note: Impaling clips are designed to help hold panels in place until adhesive dries.
C. Touch-up, repair or replace damaged units until satisfactory results are obtained.