- Quick Spec
Are offered in a variety of sizes to accomodate a variety of areas
Blend and scatter sound for a more pleasant listening experience
Available in a variety of fabrics and colors to fit your rooms specific style
The board is certified by SCS to contain at least 57% recycled glass. And for your LEED® project, our acoustical panels can help you qualify for recycled content points under the Materials and Resources section.
- Z-bar with hook & loop
- L-angles attach to wall
PART 1 - General
1.1 — SUMMARY
A. Section includes: Sound absorptive ceilings.
B. Related work: The following items are not included in this Section and are specified under the designated Sections:
1. Section 092100 – PLASTER AND GYPSUM BOARD ASSEMBLIES for plaster and gypsum board walls and ceilings
1.2 — SUBMITTALS
A. Product data: Submit manufacturer’s product data including certified laboratory test reports and other data required to show compliance with these specifications.
B. Samples: Submit 1 1-1/2 by 1 1-1/2 inch samples of representative panel with factory detailed edge, and representative samples of mounting devices
1.3 — QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Pre-installation conference: Conduct conference at Project site to comply with requirements in Division 01.
1.4 — DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDELING
A. Project conditions: Protect system components from excessive moisture in shipment, storage, and handling. Deliver in unopened bundles and store in a dry place with adequate air circulation. Do not deliver material to building until wet conditions such as concrete, plaster, paint, and adhesives have been completed and cured to a condition of equilibrium.
1.5 — LIMITED WARRANTY
A. Limited warranty: Provide manufacturer’s standard limited 3-year warranty against manufacturing defects in material or workmanship.
PART 2 - PRODUCTS
2.1 — SOUND DIFFUSERS, BARREL:
A. Basis-of-Design: Conwed Respond® Diffusers: Barrel.
1. Construction: 0.125 inch Thermoformed fire resistant plastic molded to a one-piece Barrel
a. Barrel size: 2’x2’x7” height (Thermoformed)
b. Barrel size: 2’x4’x7” height (Thermoformed)
c. Barrel size: 3’x3’x7” height (Thermoformed)
d. Barrel size: 3’x4’x7” height (Thermoformed)
e. Barrel size: 4’x4’x7” height (Thermoformed)
f. Barrel size: 3’x5’x7” height (Gelcoat only)*
g. Barrel size: 3’x6’x7” height (Gelcoat only)*
h. Barrel size: 4’x6’x7” height (Gelcoat only)*
i. Barrel size: 4’x8’x7” height (Gelcoat only)*
*These sizes are available in rigid fiberglass only. Custom sizes are available upon request.
3. Edge profile: Flanged for lay-in application.
4. Corners: Radius.
5. Edge profile: No flange for walls and hardware ceiling mount.
6. Finish, fabric: Contact Manufacturer for available fabrics.
7. Mounting type walls: Straight edged diffusers: L-angles and hook and loop fasteners.
8. Mounting type ceilings: Flanged to fit standard ceiling grid.
9. Mounting type ceilings: Straight edge with L-angles.
10. Acoustical performance: Values below are for panels mounted in accordance with ASTM C 423 (Type D5 Mounting) and vary by panel thickness and finish.
a. Noise reduction coefficient (NRC): 0.10.
PART 3 - Execution
3.1 — INSTALLATION:
A. Verify wet work such as plastering and concrete is complete and dry. Verify building is enclosed and under standard occupancy conditions (60 - 850F and not more than 70% relative humidity) prior to start of installation. Commencement of installation constitutes Installer’s acceptance of surfaces and conditions.
B. Install products in accordance with manufacturer’s written instructions and in proper relationship with adjacent construction, including the following:
1. For adhesive installation to substrate, provide temporary support to prevent panel slippage. Note: Impaling clips are designed to help hold panels in place until adhesive dries.
C. Touch-up, repair or replace damaged units until satisfactory results are obtained.