- Quick Spec
Provide a fun and decorative element to the design of a room
Can help people hear sounds or instruction better in larger rooms
Is adaptable and can fit well within other design elements
Class I/A Rating
The board is certified by SCS to contain at least 57% recycled glass. And for your LEED® project, our acoustical panels can help you qualify for recycled content points under the Materials and Resources section.
PART 1 - GENERAL
1.1 — SUMMARY
A. Section Includes: Sound absorptive ceilings.
B. Related Work: The following items are not included in this Section and are specified under the designated Sections:
1. Section 092100 – PLASTER AND GYPSUM BOARD ASSEMBLIES for plaster and gypsum board walls and ceilings
1.2 — SUBMITTALS
A. Product Data: Submit manufacturer’s product data including certified laboratory test reports and other data required to show compliance with these specifications.
B. Samples: Submit 1 1-1/2 by 1 1-1/2 inch samples of representative panel with factory detailed edge, and representative samples of mounting devices
1.3 — QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Pre-installation Conference: Conduct conference at Project site to comply with requirements in Division 01.
1.4 — DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDELING
A. Project Conditions: Protect system components from excessive moisture in shipment, storage, and handling. Deliver in unopened bundles and store in a dry place with adequate air circulation. Do not deliver material to building until wet conditions such as concrete, plaster, paint, and adhesives have been completed and cured to a condition of equilibrium.
1.5 — LIMITED WARRANTY
A. Limited Warranty: Provide manufacturer’s standard limited 3-year warranty against manufacturing defects in material or workmanship.
PART 2 - PRODUCTS
2.1 — SOUND ABSORPTIVE CEILINGS:
A. Basis-of-Design: Conwed Designscape Respond® Curved Reflective Ceiling Clouds.
1. Construction: Acoustical Panels shall be constructed of medium density overlay (MDO) plywood or Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) backed by 1 inch x 1 inch pre-curved metal ribs.
2. Thickness: 3/4 inch.
3. Assembly Accessories: Joining plates for abutting panels for use with proprietary joining and leveling system.
4. Width: 24-48 inches and custom.
5. Length: 24-120 inches and custom.
6. Corners: Square.
7. Corners: Radius.
8. Edge Profile: Square.
9. Finish, Gel-Coat: Manufacturer, pattern and color as selected; gel-coat applied directly over face and edges of panel.
10. Finish, Fabric: Manufacturer, pattern and color as selected; fabric returned to back of panel to provide full finished edge; corners fully tailored.
11. Mounting Type: Standard, direct attachment to exposed metal frame with self-drilling acoustical hangers.
12. Acoustical Performance: Values below are for panels mounted in accordance with ASTM C423 (Type D5 Mounting) and vary by panel thickness and finish.
a. Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC): Per manufacturer’s data.
PART 3 - EXECUTION
3.1 — INSTALLATION:
A. Verify wet work such as plastering and concrete is complete and dry. Verify building is enclosed and under standard occupancy conditions (60 - 850F and not more than 70% relative humidity) prior to start of installation. Commencement of installation constitutes Installer’s acceptance of surfaces and conditions.
B. Install products in accordance with manufacturer’s written instructions and in proper relationship with adjacent construction, including the following:
1. For adhesive installation to substrate, provide temporary support to prevent panel slippage.
Note: Impaling clips are designed to help hold panels in place until adhesive dries.
C. Touch-up, repair or replace damaged units until satisfactory results are obtained.