- Quick Spec
Provide excellent acoustical performance for large areas
Baffles hang from the ceiling and command the room's design
Each baffle is built to work well in a variety of areas
2" = 1.75 Sabins / SqFt.
Class I/A Rating
The board is certified by SCS to contain at least 57% recycled glass. And for your LEED® project, our acoustical panels can help you qualify for recycled content points under the Materials and Resources section.
PART 1 - GENERAL
1.1 — SUMMARY
A. Section Includes: Sound absorptive baffles.
B. Related Work: The following items are not included in this Section and are specified under the designated Sections:
1. Section 092100 – PLASTER AND GYPSUM BOARD ASSEMBLIES for plaster and gypsum board walls and ceilings
1.2 — SUBMITTALS
A. Product Data:Submit manufacturer’s product data including certified laboratory test reports and other data required to show compliance with these specifications.
B. Samples: Submit 11-1/2 by 11-1/2 inch samples of representative panel with factory detailed edge, and representative samples of mounting devices
1.3 — QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Pre-installation Conference: Conduct conference at Project site to comply with requirements in Division 01.
1.4 — DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDELING
A. Project Conditions: Protect system components from excessive moisture in shipment, storage, and handling. Deliver in unopened bundles and store in a dry place with adequate air circulation. Do not deliver material to building until wet conditions such as concrete, plaster, paint, and adhesives have been completed and cured to a condition of equilibrium.
1.5 — LIMITED WARRANTY
A. Limited Warranty: Provide manufacturer’s standard limited 3-year warranty against manufacturing defects in material or workmanship.
PART 2 - PRODUCTS
2.1 — SOUND ABSORPTIVE BAFFLES:
A. Basis-of-Design: Conwed Designscape Respond® Baffles: Back-to-Back.
1. Construction: Composite core of dimensionally stable rigid fiberglass.
2. Core Fiberglass Density: 6 - 7 pcf.
3. Recycled Content: For fiberglass, 52 percent pre-consumer and 5 percent post-consumer recycled content.
4. Core Thickness: 1 inch.
5. Core Thickness: 1-1/2 inches.
6. Core Thickness: 2 inches.
7. Width for Fold-Up Baffles: 24-72 inches and custom.
8. Height for Fold-Up Baffles: 24-96 inches and custom.
9. Width for Back-to-Back Baffles: 24-120 inches and custom.
10. Height For Back-to-Back Baffles: 24-120 inches and custom.
11. Corners: Square.
12. Edge Profile for Fold-up Baffles: Square.
13. Edge Profile for Back-to-Back Baffles: Square.
14. Edge Profile for Back-to-Back Baffles: Radius.
15. Edge Profile for Back-to-Back Baffles: Full-bevel.
16. Edge Profile for Back-to-Back Baffles: Half-bevel.
17. Edge Treatment for Fold-up Baffles: Resin hardened.
18. Edge Treatment for Back-to-Back Baffles: Resin hardened.
19. Fabric Finish: Manufacturer, pattern and color as selected; applied directly over face and edges of panels to provide full finished edge, fully tailored corners.
20. Mounting For Fold-up Baffles: Vertical attachment to D-Rings.
21. Mounting For Back-to-Back Baffles: Vertical attachment to D-Rings.
22. Flammability (ASTM E 84): Panel components shall have a Class “A” rating per ASTM E 84.
23. Acoustical Performance: Values below are for baffles mounted in accordance with ASTM C423 (Type D5 Mounting) and vary by baffle thickness and finish.
a. Performance for 1 inch thickness: 1.3 Sabins/sf.
b. Performance for 2 inch thickness: 1.75 Sabins/sf.
PART 3 - EXECUTION
3.1 — INSTALLATION:
A. Verify wet work such as plastering and concrete is complete and dry. Verify building is enclosed and under standard occupancy conditions (60 - 85 degrees F and not more than 70 percent relative humidity) prior to start of installation. Commencement of installation constitutes Installer’s acceptance of surfaces and conditions.
B. Install products in accordance with manufacturer’s written instructions and in proper relationship with adjacent construction, including the following:
1. Construction: For adhesive installation to substrate, provide temporary support to prevent panel slippage.
Note: Impaling clips are designed to help hold panels in place until adhesive dries.
C. Touch-up, repair or replace damaged units until satisfactory results are obtained.