What goes into
- Panel finish
- Acoustical core
- Resin hardened edge
- Copolymer layer
What goes into
- Panel finish
- MDO plywood
- Quick Spec
The panel performs consistently over time in high-traffic areas
Can withstand consistent noise exposure for consistently trafficked rooms
Received high absorption ratings that optimize sound levels
Class I/A Rating
The board is certified by SCS to contain at least 57% recycled glass. And for your LEED® project, our acoustical panels can help you qualify for recycled content points under the Materials and Resources section.
PART 1 - GENERAL
1.1 — SUMMARY
A. Section Includes: Sound absorptive ceilings.
B. Related Work: The following items are not included in this Section and are specified under the designated Sections:
1. Section 092100 – PLASTER AND GYPSUM BOARD ASSEMBLIES for plaster and gypsum board walls and ceilings
1.2 — SUBMITTALS
A. Product Data: Submit manufacturer’s product data including certified laboratory test reports and other data required to show compliance with these specifications.
B. Samples: Submit 1 1-1/2 by 1 1-1/2 inch samples of representative panel with factory detailed edge, and representative samples of mounting devices
1.3 — QUALITY ASSURANCE A. Pre-installation Conference: Conduct conference at Project site to comply with requirements in Division 01.
1.4 — DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDELING
A. Project Conditions:Protect system components from excessive moisture in shipment, storage, and handling. Deliver in unopened bundles and store in a dry place with adequate air circulation. Do not deliver material to building until wet conditions such as concrete, plaster, paint, and adhesives have been completed and cured to a condition of equilibrium.
1.5 — LIMITED WARRANTY
A. Limited Warranty: Provide manufacturer’s standard limited 3-year warranty against manufacturing defects in material or workmanship.
PART 2 - PRODUCTS
2.1 — SOUND REFLECTIVE WALL PANELS:
A. Basis-of-Design: Conwed Designscape Reflective Wall Panels.
1. Construction: Dimensionally stable rigid fiberglass with 6 - 7 pcf density covered with 1/16 inch copolymer, total thickness 1-1/16 inch.
2. Reflectors (Optional): Dimensionally stable rigid fiberglass with 6 - 7 pcf density covered with 1/16 inch copolymer, total thickness 1-9/16 inch.
3. Reflectors (Optional): Dimensionally stable rigid fiberglass with 6 - 7 pcf density covered with 1/16 inch copolymer, total thickness 2-1/16 inch.
4. Reflector Size: 53 inches wide by 120 inches maximum and custom.
5. Recycled Content: For fiberglass, 52 percent pre-consumer and 5 percent post-consumer recycled content.
6. Edge Profile: Square.
7. Edge Profile: Half-bevel.
8. Edge Profile: Miter.
9. Corner Detail: Square.
10. Corner Detail: Radius.
11. Finish: Manufacturer, pattern and color as selected; or gel-coat only; gel-coat applied directly over face and edges of panel and returned to back of panel to provide full finished edge; corners are fully tailored.
12. Reflector Mounting Type: Adhesive / resin.
13. Reflector Mounting Type: Adhesive, no resin.
14. Reflector Mounting Type: Impaling / adhesive.
15. Reflector Mounting Type: Velcro.
16. Reflector Mounting Type: Panel clip to double wall clip.
17. Reflector Mounting Type: Z-bar to Z-bar.
18. Reflector Mounting Type: Panel clip and Velcro.
19. Flammability (ASTM E 84): Panel components shall have a Class “A” rating per ASTM E 84.
15. Acoustical Performance: Values below are for panels mounted in accordance with ASTM C423 (Type D5 Mounting) and vary by panel thickness and finish.
a. Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) for 1-1/16 inch Thick Fiberglass-Based Reflectors: 0.20.
PART 3 - EXECUTION
3.1 — INSTALLATION:
A. Verify wet work such as plastering and concrete is complete and dry. Verify building is enclosed and under standard occupancy conditions (60 - 850F and not more than 70% relative humidity) prior to start of installation. Commencement of installation constitutes Installer’s acceptance of surfaces and conditions.
B. Install products in accordance with manufacturer’s written instructions and in proper relationship with adjacent construction, including the following:
1. For adhesive installation to substrate, provide temporary support to prevent panel slippage.
Note: Impaling clips are designed to help hold panels in place until adhesive dries.
C. Touch-up, repair or replace damaged units until satisfactory results are obtained.