- Quick Spec
Controls noise so conversations don't carry
Can work effectively over time in high-traffic areas
Helpful in a variety of different environments
2" = 1.00
3" = 1.15
4" = 1.15
Class I/A Rating
Passes UI 94
The board is certified by SCS to contain at least 57% recycled glass. And for your LEED® project, our acoustical panels can help you qualify for recycled content points under the Materials and Resources section.
PART 1 - GENERAL
1.1 — SUMMARY
A. Section Includes: Sound absorptive ceilings.
B. Related Work: The following items are not included in this Section and are specified under the designated Sections:
1. Section 092100 – PLASTER AND GYPSUM BOARD ASSEMBLIES for plaster and gypsum board walls and ceilings
1.2 — SUBMITTALS
A. Product Data: Submit manufacturer’s product data including certified laboratory test reports and other data required to show compliance with these specifications.
B. Samples: Submit 1 1-1/2 by 1 1-1/2 inch samples of representative panel with factory detailed edge, and representative samples of mounting devices
1.3 — QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Pre-installation Conference: Conduct conference at Project site to comply with requirements in Division 01.
1.4 — DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDELING
A. Project Conditions: Protect system components from excessive moisture in shipment, storage, and handling. Deliver in unopened bundles and store in a dry place with adequate air circulation. Do not deliver material to building until wet conditions such as concrete, plaster, paint, and adhesives have been completed and cured to a condition of equilibrium.
1.5 — LIMITED WARRANTY
A. Limited Warranty: Provide manufacturer’s standard limited 3-year warranty against manufacturing defects in material or workmanship.
PART 2 - PRODUCTS
2.1 — SOUND ABSORPTIVE WALL PANELS:
A. Basis-of-Design: Conwed Designscape Loaded Vinyl Panels.
1. Construction: Composite core construction of dimensionally stable rigid fiberglass backed by 1/8 inch loaded vinyl barrier, fully adhered to fiberglass.
2. Core Fiberglass Density: 6 - 7 pcf.
3. Provide optionally laminated cores with 1/8 inch thick, 16 - 20 pcf molded fiberglass.
4. Recycled Content: For fiberglass, 52 percent pre-consumer and 5 percent post-consumer recycled content.
5. Core Thickness: 7/8 inch.
6. Core Thickness: 1 inch with High Impact facer.
7. Core Thickness: 1-1/8 inches.
8. Core Thickness: 1-1/4 inches with High Impact facer.
9. Core Thickness: 1-5/8 inches.
10. Core Thickness: 1-3/4 inches with High Impact facer.
11. Core Thickness: 2-1/2 inches.
12. Core Thickness: 2-3/8 inches with High Impact facer.
13. Width: 24-47 inches and custom.
14. Length: 24-120 inches and custom.
15. Corners: Square.
16. Edge Profile: Square.
17. Edge Profile: Radius.
18. Edge Profile: Half-bevel.
19. Edge Profile: Full-bevel.
20. Edge Profile: Miter for corner conditions.
21. Edge Treatment: Resin hardened.
22. Edge Treatment: Aluminum for square edge only.
23. Edge Treatment: High-pressure laminate, for square edge only.
24. Fabric Finish: Manufacturer, pattern and color as selected; applied directly over face and edges of panels to provide full finished edge, fully tailored corners.
25. Mounting Type: Perimeter adhesive.
26. Mounting Type: Panel clip.
27. Mounting Type: Concealed splines for walls.
28. Mounting Type: Z-Bar to Z-Bar.
29. Flammability (ASTM E 84): Panel components shall have a Class “A” rating per ASTM E 84.
30. Resistivity To Heat Or Cold: R-factor of 4.16 per inch of thickness.
31. Acoustical Performance: Values below are for panels mounted in accordance with ASTM C423 (Type D5 Mounting) and vary by panel thickness and finish.
a. Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC): Per manufacturer’s data.
b. Sound Transmission Coefficient (STC): 27 for loaded vinyl.
PART 3 - EXECUTION
3.1 — INSTALLATION:
A. Verify wet work such as plastering and concrete is complete and dry. Verify building is enclosed and under standard occupancy conditions (60 - 850F and not more than 70% relative humidity) prior to start of installation. Commencement of installation constitutes Installer’s acceptance of surfaces and conditions.
B. Install products in accordance with manufacturer’s written instructions and in proper relationship with adjacent construction, including the following:
1. For adhesive installation to substrate, provide temporary support to prevent panel slippage.
Note: Impaling clips are designed to help hold panels in place until adhesive dries.
C. Touch-up, repair or replace damaged units until satisfactory results are obtained.