- Quick Spec
Tiles have an easy removal process for rooms that change frequently
Come in a full range of colors and finishes to fit in any area
Returned high performance levels when tested for absorption
1 1⁄8" = 0.90
Class I/A Rating
The board is certified by SCS to contain at least 57% recycled glass. And for your LEED® project, our acoustical panels can help you qualify for recycled content points under the Materials and Resources section.
PART 1 - GENERAL
1.1 — SUMMARY
A. Section Includes: Sound absorptive ceilings.
B. Related Work: The following items are not included in this Section and are specified under the designated Sections:
1. Section 092100 – PLASTER AND GYPSUM BOARD ASSEMBLIES for plaster and gypsum board walls and ceilings
1.2 — SUBMITTALS
A. Product Data: Submit manufacturer’s product data including certified laboratory test reports and other data required to show compliance with these specifications.
B. Samples: Submit 1 1-1/2 by 1 1-1/2 inch samples of representative panel with factory detailed edge, and representative samples of mounting devices
1.3 — QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Pre-installation Conference: Conduct conference at Project site to comply with requirements in Division 01.
1.4 — DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDELING
A. Project Conditions: Protect system components from excessive moisture in shipment, storage, and handling. Deliver in unopened bundles and store in a dry place with adequate air circulation. Do not deliver material to building until wet conditions such as concrete, plaster, paint, and adhesives have been completed and cured to a condition of equilibrium.
1.5 — LIMITED WARRANTY
A. Limited Warranty: Provide manufacturer’s standard limited 3-year warranty against manufacturing defects in material or workmanship.
PART 2 - PRODUCTS
2.1 — SOUND ABSORPTIVE CEILINGS:
A. Basis-of-Design: Conwed Designscape Gridlock Acoustical Ceiling.
1. Core Fiberglass Density: 6 - 7 pcf. Optionally laminated cores with 1/8 inch thick. 16 – 20 pcf molded fiberglass/High Impact facer.
2. Recycled Content: For fiberglass, 52 percent pre-consumer and 5 percent post-consumer recycled content.
3. Edge Treatment: Resin hardened.
5. Core Thickness and Edge: 1 inch thick, square edge profile
6. Core Thickness and Edge: 1-1/8 inches thick, square edge profile, High Impact facer.
7. Core Thickness and Edge: 1-1/2 inches thick, square edge profile.
8. Core Thickness and Edge: 1-5/8 inches thick, square edge profile, High Impact facer.
9. Core Thickness and Edge: 2 inches, square edge profile.
9. Core Thickness and Edge: 2-1/8 inches, square edge profile, High Impact facer.
10. Width: 24-30 inches.
11. Length: 24-60 inches, and custom.
18. Finish Type and Color: Soft texture finish, white.
18. Finish Type and Color: Subtle Texture finish, over acoustically transparent membrane, standard white.
18. Fabric Finish: ______. (for optional fabric finish, specify manufacturer, type, pattern and color).
19. Mounting: Lift-and-shift Gridlock.
21. Flammability (ASTM E 84): Panel components shall have a Class “A” rating per ASTM E 84.
22. Resistivity To Heat Or Cold: R-factor of 4.16 per inch of thickness.
23. Acoustical Performance: Values below are for panels mounted in accordance with ASTM C423 (Type E400 Mounting) and vary by panel thickness and finish.
a. Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC): Per manufacturer’s data
PART 3 - EXECUTION
3.1 — INSTALLATION:
A. Verify wet work such as plastering and concrete is complete and dry. Verify building is enclosed and under standard occupancy conditions (60 - 850F and not more than 70% relative humidity) prior to start of installation. Commencement of installation constitutes Installer’s acceptance of surfaces and conditions.
B. Install products in accordance with manufacturer’s written instructions and in proper relationship with adjacent construction, including the following:
1. For adhesive installation to substrate, provide temporary support to prevent panel slippage.
Note: Impaling clips are designed to help hold panels in place until adhesive dries.
C. Touch-up, repair or replace damaged units until satisfactory results are obtained.